STEM Advisor

Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM)

Kirkwood is a great place to start studying STEM. You can start here in a STEM emphasis area and take care of your general education core requirements, then transfer to a four-year school.

You can transfer easily to these institutions to further your STEM studies:

  • Clarke University
  • Palmer
  • Coe College
  • St. Ambrose
  • Cornell College
  • University of Iowa
  • Iowa State University
  • University of Northern Iowa
  • Mount Mercy University
  • Upper Iowa University


Will My Credits Transfer?

The number one question transfer students ask is, “Will my credits transfer?” Easy answers are available at Transfer In Iowa, a website built by the three regents’ universities and Iowa’s community colleges, to create a seamless transfer process for community college students.

Classes start in the fall, spring, and summer. To ensure you are signing up for the right classes that transfer to the institution you want to attend, contact the Math/Science department at or 319-398-5516 to schedule an advising appointment.

To create your own two-year transfer plan of study in three simple steps, choose the type of program and/or institution you are interested in. From there, you will be prompted to choose which specific type of major you would like to pursue. Lastly, choose the program and view your transfer plan of study.