Vocational Rehabilitation

Do you have a physical, emotional or mental disability that prevents you from getting a job or keeping one? If so, and if you meet the eligibility requirements (listed below) from Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation Services (IVRS), our on-campus rehabilitation counselor can work with you to get the help you need. Help can include:

  • Adaptive equipment or devices (wheelchairs, hearing aids, etc.)
  • Physical therapy
  • Counseling and guidance
  • Job placement
  • Financial help


To be eligible for vocational rehabilitation services you must:

  • Have a physical and/or mental condition that affects your ability to work
  • Be able to get and keep a job after receiving services
  • Need rehabilitation services to help you get and keep a job

Learn More

Find more information about vocational rehabilitation services by contacting Rehabilitation Counselor Todd Ohnesorge in 2027 Cedar Hall on the main campus in Cedar Rapids, 319-398-4925 or 1-800-332-2055-ext. 4925.